Welcome to the IMPACT in South Asia programme.
Hosted by the University of York, IMPACT is a collaboration between partners in Bangladesh, India, Pakistan and the UK. The group includes researchers, clinicians, policy makers and patient and public representatives.
The aim of the IMPACT programme is to address the challenges of mental and physical multimorbidity. This affects some of the poorest and most vulnerable people in low and middle income countries.
Our vision is:
To improve the physical health of people with severe mental illness and the mental health of people with chronic physical conditions in South Asia. We bring together multidisciplinary expertise in multimorbidity, and knowledge of social, political and cultural contexts to address the critical lack of evidence on effective interventions for mental and physical multimorbidity; and to support their scale-up, sustainability, and transferability across health systems in South Asia.
Values: Optimism; Making a difference; Inclusivity; Fairness; Compassion
- Optimism: We work with positivity, enthusiasm and hope, creating positive impacts.
- Making a difference: We develop new knowledge through high quality research with real world benefit.
- Inclusivity: Diverse disciplines, cultures, geographies and perspectives strengthen and enrich our work.
- Fairness: In the way we work and in our goals, we strive to tackle inequalities.
- Compassion: We work with kindness, concern and empathy.